Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mini-fold wedding brag book

Rachel (of the peacock feather invitation fame) and I worked on a wedding mini brag book the other day.  We kept the theme a cross between her wedding invitations and some thank you notes I gave her as a shower gift.

Here's what we came up with:


I once again used Lisa Johnson's tutorial, but cut the height of the pages to 3.5" so a full sized wallet print would fit inside.

The wedding date was 10/10/10 so I stamped that on the spine (I used the 2011 stamp from Calender basics, masked the 2 and the last 1 off before i inked it then stamped it upside down ... turned out pretty cool IMO!)

Added small rhinestones between the numbers as separators.



And if you are wondering if the peacock feathers were only on decorations, take a look at their wedding cake ...


... and the shoes she wore for the wedding!


All in all a fun evening and her hubby liked the book so much he took it to show pictures to coworkers who couldn't make it to the wedding.  We are already planning on making some more for her mom and new mom-in-law, but I was running short of black paper so we are going to do that in a few weeks once I replenish my supply

Thanks for stopping by!

{Peacock wedding brag book}
Stamps: Peacock Feather [Stampendous]
Ink: Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Concorde Crush markers [SU!]; Fresh Snow [PTI]
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Bermuda Bay (retired) [SU!]
Other: Elegant Lines embossing folder [SU!]; Rhinestones [Kaiser Kraft]; Velcro, Zip Dry


No comments:

Post a Comment