Thursday, June 9, 2011

Friends ...

One of my very dear friends, Anita, is moving out east soon, due to her husband's job.  I know we'll still keep in touch, what with technology the way it is, but I wanted to sent her off with some cards, so she can keep in touch with people the old fashioned way too.

I had some materials left over from a few stamp camps so I made up those cards and changed out the sentiments to be more "thinking of you" or "hello" types of cards.   I did want to make one original card though.  I decided to go with a botanical silhouette style stamp and try Heather Nichols white ink resist technique


I started out with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock and stamped the grass silhouette image in Fresh Snow ink.  Then I brayered over it with Ripe Avocado.


I love the variations in the ink intensity from how much the brayer roller was inked and how much I rolled it over the card stock.  And as individual and unique as hand-made cards are, these are even more unique because the brayering will be different just about every time ...


Here's the whole set ... see the variations in the background layer ...  awesome-tastic!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Just Because [SU!]
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Fresh Snow, Pure Poppy [PTI]
Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, White [SU!]
Other: chocolate twill ribbon [SU!]

No comments:

Post a Comment