Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Holy Cats - Honorable Mention

This month for the first time I entered the Papertrey Ink Guest Star Stamper contest. I've just so fallen in love with clear stamps and PTI's designers rock the house with their talent.

So I thought what the heck, I'll give it a go (kinda like my foray into blogging here). I really liked my card that I submitted for the Friends 'til the End category


But I also know that there is a boat load of talent out there, so I wasn't setting my expectations too high. 

I didn't get selected as winner, but I was pleasantly surprised to see my card in the list of some of Nichole's favorites. She liked the pop of color on the raised focal image :) ... I wish I had those dancing smileys I see all over.  Thats how I felt when I was scrolling through her blog

I really was just glad I tried - its that comfort zone thing again. Stepping out and seeing what I can do thats a little outside my normal. I tend to go for quick, easy, and simple. Clean lines, simple color palette.

The next "outside the comfort zone" thing on the agenda is coloring with Copics. We'll see how that goes - my box should be here by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment