Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - March

OK, so since I've got a blog now I just had to participate in the Papertrey Ink monthly blog hop. I've looked before but never actually submitted anything.

This month the contest theme is backgrounds. PTI has some awesome background building sets, which I just received in my latest PTI package (love getting those goodies in the mail!)

I have been playing around with these and decided to share one with the new Guidelines 2 set. I went for a masculine theme so I can use it for my brother-in-law's birthday coming up later this month.


I started with a kraft card base and stamped the dots from Polka Dot Basics (another great background building set from PTI) using chocolate chip ink from SU!. I sponged Old Olive ink on the edges.

The Guide Lines 2 layer is on white card stock. I stamped the grid using chocolate chip. The "tiles" I stamped in chocolate chip and old olive. I used 2 different tile stamps, plus the "halo" for around the circles. I don't know what else to call it, but if you look at the set they are the ones that just have 4 little images at the 4 cardinal compass points (aviation engineer here remember - everything relates to a compass/airplane somehow). I also sponged the edges of this layer with a little old olive too, before I adhered it.

Anyhoo - I used some of PTI's luscious satin ribbon in ripe avocado to hide where the card stock strips meet. The medallion is punches from SU! - scalloped circle and various sizes of circles - punched out of old olive, chocolate chip and white CS. The sentiment is from another PTI set called Around & About Sentiments (designed by another PTI Fave - Heather Nichols). I put a little vintage brad in the middle just to break up the view a little.


{Happy Birthday Supplies}
Stamps:Around & About Sentiments, Polka Dots Basics, Guidelines 2 (PTI)
Paper:Kraft, White, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Ink:Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (SU!P)
Accessories:Vintage metal eyelet (SU!), ripe avocado satin ribbon (PTI)
Tools: Scallaoped circle punch, circle punches (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment