Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Signs of Spring

I think Spring has finally sprung - here in Iowa anyway. Out East, my sister is buried under 2 feet of snow [and on my niece's birthday too :'( ].  But I am trying to think happy thoughts so maybe the spring will stick around!

I got a "happy thoughts" card froma  friend in the mail a week or so ago - all bright and cheery - and so I used that as my inspiration for this card


I searched and searched for my vase stamps (and began kicking myself for not getting Asian Fusion when I had the chance!) but couldn't find them.  So I started looking through all the other stamps I had ... surely something could double as a vase.  What I ended up using was a solid Christmas ornament stamp from Vintage Ornaments.  Without the hanger loop on it looks kinda like a vase (or a pink hershey kiss according to my kids ;)

I printed the sentiment from my computer using the Gigi font that comes standard with Word.  It comes pretty close to the original card, and I love all its loopiness

Thanks for stopping by!

{Happy Thoughts card supplies}
Stamps: Vintage Ornaments [PTI]
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest [PTI]
Paper: Taken With Teal, White [SU!]
Embellies: Flower Fusion (felt flowers by SU!), silver brad [SU!]

No comments:

Post a Comment