Saturday, July 23, 2016

SAF2016: Masterpiece Inspirations

This piece was for the Masterpiece Inspiration challenge

I chose the Red Poppy by Georgia O'Keefe, because first of all red.  It also reminded me of the PTI set Remember that I got years ago.  I loved that set and decided to use it for this challenge

After I stamped the single poppy I got stuck.  I loved the single poppy in the painting but the stamp was a much smaller scale.  Then I remembered the textured background I worked on a few weeks ago. I didn't know what I wanted to do with it so put it aside.  I think it makes a wonderful backdrop for the single poppy.


Stamps: Remember (PTI)
Paper: Watercolor, True Black (PTI)
Ink: Poppy Parade (SU! retired), True Black (PTI)
Other: Heavy Gesso, Tim Holtz stencils


No comments:

Post a Comment