Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MIM: Reverse Masking

Its another Make It Monday technique ... this week is reverse masking.  Regular masking is where you cover your stamped image so it looks like other images are behind the central one. Its a great way to create depth in your card. 

Reverse Masking is when you actually cover everything except the inside of the stamped image and them add pattern or colors to the inside.  Watch the video tutorial to get the whole scoop.

I did both kinds of masking on this card and kept it pretty simple in the process


I started out with the paper airplane image from Happy Trails (avionics engineer ... paper airplane .... a natural match :).  I masked the outside of the airplane and all the rest of the card to prevent any smudges and then stamped Background Basics: Newsprint inside the plane image, kinda like the airplane is bringing all the news to whoever gets this card. 

Then I masked over the top of the airplane and stamped the postage stamp image from Road Trip in Pure Poppy.  I added the trail and sentiment (from Happy Trails) and voila ...



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I love that you used the postage stamp!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous job using the masked technique...you are quite clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are a Masking Master!! (I just made that up, but it fits!) I love the concept of the paper airplane over the stamp, and your execution is flawless!

    ReplyDelete