Saturday, June 25, 2011

Simple Shading

I love all the shading techniques that I see on cards ... especially the way some designers can use Copics.  Its amazing.  Some days I can attain nearly that level of greatness, but usually I don't have the time or inclination to do it.  But I love shading.  It gives such depth to a card.  So you can imagine how excited I was when I discovered a new technique that shades simply using basic techniques combined together (you may already know about this, but to me it was quite a revelation!)


See doesn't that look awesome (OK I'm biased :)  and so simple.  For this card I used Gracious Vases and when I stamped the solid centers, I inked it up, stamped off on scratch paper, then did a rock-n-roll using the same color on the edge I wanted darker then stamped on my card base.  Perfect shading, in like  a minute flat. 

Usually when I use the rock-n-roll technique its with different colors, don't know why I never thought to use the same color, 1 generation removed before.  Still it made my day start bright and cheery and now I am sharing it with you.

Here's the whole card:
For anyone in my stamp class at work - you will be making this in July :)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice card and what a great technique! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete