Monday, August 15, 2011

CPS 231

So I need wedding shower cards, and I loved this week's CPS.  I had in my original vision, a light flowery shower card.  But then I bought the gift and its dark colors and a mosaic pattern and matched so well with the sketch this week so I ended up with this:

I couldn't get a really good picture of the whole card, I think because of the shine off the embossed layer (or maybe because I kinda suck at photography), but I really love how this turned out.

The large mosaic focal layer was inspired by the shower gift I bought ... a set of dishes that have this mosaic pattern on it in about the same colors (a terracotta/reddish color and black)

Here is a screen shot of the plate:

and here is my focal layer


Thanks for stopping!

2 comments:

  1. i love that you were inspired by your gift when making the card, fantastic!! Great take on this week's CPS sketch, thanks for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks for joining in at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete