Sunday, January 1, 2012

Birthday Blitz countdown - only 2 more to go

So I have just 2 more cards to go after this one for my dad's 80th birthday.

I used the CPS sketch this week (#249) for the basic layout.

I don't know why but I felt like making a tufted pillow card today.  I don't know if that's really what its called, but I saw something like this a month or so ago on the 'net (I think Moxie Fab World, but I can't remember right off the top of my head)


To increase the elegance I did all white.  I scored the background layer on my Scor-Pal (see Tara I do use it :) at 1" intervals going in both directions.   At each intersection I placed a half pearl from SU!


I added a plain white strip and the sentiment from Birthday Basics [PTI] to complete this weeks CPS sketch.

2 comments:

  1. Nice embossing and love the pearls! Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with us over at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a beautiful quilt...I would love for you to link up with my new card making meme, 52 Card Pickup here...http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-1.html!

    ReplyDelete