Tuesday, January 17, 2012

CPS 251 and Make It Monday: Ghost Mask

I had an idea for the CPS this week.  An awesome idea, then I saw the MIM video while I was waiting for my daughter at the dentist (LOVE my smart phone) and my awesome idea got awesomer ... combine the 2 challenges this week into 1 utterly amazing pile of paper awesome-ness.

That didn't work out.  I tried 5 times to make it a reality.  My biggest problem was that the dies I have with matching sets cut the dies bigger than the stamp and so the masking overflowed the stamped frame and that just sort of blew the effect in my mind.

Then this morning - bright and early - I realized I didn't have to use a die ... I just drew lines in and cut the vellum mask to fit it ... a dream of argyle later and voila ....

I must confess it took me a couple of attempts to get the argyle right ... I ended up printing a picture off and using that as a guide.  It seemed beyond me this morning without the help.
I used a harlequin impression plate for the card base to carry the pattern over subtly to the rest of the card.

Stamps are all PTI: A Little Argyle and Flower Fusion 6 (sentiment).
Colors are Smokey Shadow, True Black and Raspberry Fizz (also PTI)
Thanks for stopping!

3 comments:

  1. I think this is brilliant! GORGEOUS pop of pink--LOVE the argyle!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that argyle, it matches with the button's color..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ghost masking of the argyle looks really great.

    ReplyDelete