Friday, June 8, 2012

For my dearest friend

One of my very best friends is celebrating a birthday this weekend.  We met when we were both going through divorces and we have gotten each other through a lot of life's messiness over the last decade or so.  Her daughter is having a surprise dinner party for her at a trendy new restaurant in town and this is the card I made for the celebration


I used the OWH Sunday Sketch #57 again   ... its just so stinkin' versatile! This card was actually pretty easy to put together.  The striped panels are PTIs Raspberry Fizz patterned paper pack.  I backed them with Early Espresso from SU!.  I love the contrast of the deep dark brown and the bright pink!


For the medallion I used the doily die from PTI and a 1.75" circle punch.  I also die cut the large flower and leaf cluster from Pretty Peonies.  I stamped the leaves in Lucky Limeade and the flower in Melon Mambo.  The outline was stamped in Early Espresso.  The sentiment from Think Big Favorites #12 was stamped in Early Espresso right on the striped paper.  Its a single line stamp but wouldn't fit so I inked the "birthday" and stamped so I could align at the bottom of the panel, then cleaned, re inked and stamped the "happy" right above


I also decided to carry the theme to the inside of the card and cut a strip of the stripes and the brown .


I die cut the small flower from Pretty Peonies and stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I colored it quick using Copic RV04, RV17, RV19 for the flower and YG13 and YG17 for the leaves.


Thanks for stopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment