Saturday, June 2, 2012

June SFYTT

The last few cards I've made I've had sand and surf and flip flops on the brain. This one is no exception.  As soon as I saw the big circle in the middle of the SFYTT sketch for June, I thought SUN sand, surf and flip flops ... well it IS getting to be summer you know

Colors are Pool Party, Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse, and Watercolor paper (SU!) and also Summer Sunrise (PTI).  I Die cut the sun with an inverted scalloped circle die and a standard circle die (Nestabilities).
I used the barn wood stamp from BB:Farm and Barn for the plank of wood and FLippin' Out for the flip flops Stamps and dies).  I added half back pearls along the wishbone part of the flip flops to dress them up a little.

The pail is from Tremendous Treats : Valentines.  Sentiment is from Take 3: Fall. (all stamps are from PTI).

For the sand and surf I used baby wipes, Crumb Cake and Pool Party inks and water color paper.  I left the nestie die on the paper so I got that nice white edge .  I love that look - sort of looks like a double mat :)

Thanks for stopping!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Maureen--such a lovely focus you've created with that sand/sea circle! Subtle and gorgeous...reminds me of our Pensacola days! [thanks for your work on avionics too--I'm a Navy Test Pilot's wife!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek! I ADORE your flip-flops! Super cool take on the SFYTT -- thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete