Wednesday, May 30, 2012

This project brought to you by the letter V ...

...as in Vacation, which I am on:)  This time vacation is a stay-cation as I'm just trying to use up vacay days so I don't lose them at the end of the year....yeah I know, tough spot to be in :)

Last week I went to a women's time talk at my church.  The topic was clutter - all kinds, emotional baggage, physical clutter etc.  It was a very good talk given by a good friend of mine.  One of the suggestions she had was to have a mail sorting system - baskets or something so the junk mail and the important stuff get separated.  That way you can deal with the important stuff right away and the ads etc can sit around a few days.  My old method of mail sorting was to pile it on the kitchen table and hope nothing got lost when it was moved to the counter at dinner time.  I think this new method will work much better


I found these adorable baskets at Target for only about $6.  


I made the tags using SU! Framelits Labels collections and white, Pear Pizzazz, and Midnight Muse paper.
I stamped the largest dots from Polka Dot Basics on the second layer and sponged the matching color around the edge (Cherry Cobbler and Baja Breeze)


 I used my Fresh Alphabet to stamp JUNK and selectively inked a stamp from Postmarks for the MAIL.  I colored in the MAIL letters with a Copic Sketch Marker (B95), then I just played with the images in Postmarks to create a collage effect.


I love the stamp image itself so used that on both tags.  I pretty much left the "good mail" tag alone after that.  The sentiment says it all :)  I added a "special delivery" cancellation mark to the Junk Mail tag using Not Quite Navy ink.


And in other decluttering news, I went through all my patterned paper and am getting rid of this big pile ... get ready "stamp camp" girls.  I'm bringing presents :)

Thanks for stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment