Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Graduation Card

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I have a lot of grad cards to make this year - fewer than years past, but still pushing towards 10 or so.  One is for a friend of my eldest.  Her mom also happens to be a dear friend of mine

 As with my daughter, Sarah is very into anime' and Japanese culture, so I used Kimono Kids (SU!) for the card.  I didn't want to make it her school colors because she didn't even want her school colors as the theme for the grad party.   I did manage to sneak the green and gold in though (pssst .. that "gold" card stock is one of SU!'s new In Colors Summer Starfruit.)
I colored the lanterns with Copics ( YR15, YR18, E19, E8) and a white gel pen
Along the bottom I used my old Kanji set (SU! retired) to put Japanese symbols for Harmony Tranquility and Wisdom.  That seemed like a good send off for a young person heading off into the world

Thanks for stopping
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment