Monday, May 28, 2012

Make It Monday Sunday Sketch

I had an idea for this week's OWH Sunday Sketch and when I saw the PTI MIM video I thought ... hmm ... I bet you could combine those.

It took a little more work than I had anticipated because I didn't think through the whole design before starting, but in the end I like how it turned out

 I'll focus first on the sketch.  You can see the pocket insert beneath the card in this picture

I used my new Summer Camp DSP and my Postmarks stamp set as Ashley Cannon Newell did for  a release project (scroll down it's the last project in the post).  This combination is honestly what tipped me over the edge for buying this patterned paper.

For the vertical piece, I added a strip to the back of the pocket as well as the front.  With the insert removed it looks like 1 piece but with it in, there's a break, but a visual line between them.

I stamped the Special Delivery wings in River Rock ink on white CS then cut them out using a hobby blade. I really don't like doing that (too tedious) but  think the result was well worth the effort.  I used the postage stamp die and then stamped the outer frame in Always Artichoke, the inner frame in Always Artichoke (2nd gen), the bee in River Rock and the post mark in Early Espresso.  The sentiment is from Men Of Life.

 Here is the card with the pocket insert in place.  The airmail strip is also from the Postmarks set and I stamped it in Early Espresso (1st and 2nd gen)
The pocket card base I stapled together.  Tried sewing but, well, yeah I stapled :)

Thanks for stopping!!


Supplies:
Stamps: (PTI) Postmarks, Men Of Life
Ink: (SU!) Early Espresso, River Rick, Always Artichoke
Patterned Paper(PTI) Summer Camp
Card Stock:(SU!) River Rock, Early Espresso, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: Postage Stamp die (PTI)

8 comments:

  1. Very cute! Good job on the OWH sketch and MIM challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interpretation of the OWH sketch! I can relate to sometimes not thinking a design through completely but I give you a lot of credit for working it out so nicely. I'm often inclined to just abandon it, LOL. I think the staples are a good option for a masculine design like this one....maybe even better than stitching.

    Paula S.
    OWH Blog Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge and the perfect Father's Day card. Love the outdoors look using the Summer Camp paper, fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card, Maureen! Isn't it fun experimenting like that? And your results were fabulous! And I like the staples, they give it an 'airmail' kind of feel! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am chucking because my sis says I use stples on every scrapbook page...not true...but sometimes I like the look. Great card! Looks fun. Right now my brain is still swimming from the hop...when it clears I will have to take a closer look! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. chuckling...see what I mean about my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool card! I love the way you used Postmarks! Mine has seen very little ink-you have inspired me to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love the grungy masculine look to this card.

    ReplyDelete