Sunday, May 13, 2012

OWH Sunday Sketch

Hi ho ... here are the samples and deets on this weeks OWH Sunday Sketch.

Thanks Julie at OWH for sharing your amazing sketch skills!

The sketch itself is gorgeous ... so many possibilities!

And I thought of  A LOT of possibilities

First up is a coffee card ... I love me some coffee cards :)
I started with an Early Espresso card base and added some Fancy Flourishes in Early Espresso.  I wanted it to look like steam.  Since every to-go coffee cup known to man has a corrugated sleeve, I used Crumb Cake card stock and ran it through my crimper to get this same effect.  To get the look of the strips on the bottom I scored some white CS every inch.  I punched out some Lucky Limeade CS with a scalloped circle punch and added the coffee cup from Heart To Heart #1.  The sleeve on the tiny cup is Simply Chartreuse wool felt.

For the next card I stepped it up a notch.
The card base is Crumb Cake (Kaft) card stock.  I used some DSP from Stampin' Up!(Sale-A-Bration pack) for the vertical strips and zigzag stitched over them with a dark brown thread. For the horizontal piece I used a large stitched grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip.  For the medallion I used my new Happiest Birthday Wishes set.  I inked the stamp with markers and then punched it out with a wide oval punch.  I re-inked and re-stamped then cut the presents out and popped then up on foam tape

For my final sample, I turned the sketch on its ear
Its a little hard to see in this picture but I scored a diamond pattern on a 45° angle.  (the large diamonds are an inch wide)  I added half pearls to some of the intersections points.  For the horizontal part I used a satin organdy ribbon and for the focal piece I used Fillable Frames

Thanks for stopping!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Maureen! I love the sentiment and stitching on the birthday design. Thanks for creating these great samples for this week's OWH sketch challenge!

    Paula S.
    OWH Blog Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards this week! The birthday card is awesome. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful - I have ideas running rampant in my head. Thanks for being a sample card maker! I have become a follower after looking at other posts on your blog. You make great cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I meant to say that I have your blog bookmarked for frequent viewing!!

      Delete