Thursday, May 24, 2012

Miss You - Double

Well not miss you double but this card is a two-fer - this weeks CPS sketch challenge as well as PTI's May blog hop.  I love the colors in the inspiration photo and although I tend to shy away from too much pattern mixing, I really latched on to this one because its really just different size squares ...

So the layout is totally from CPS ... I didn't fiddle with it at all..  For the inspiration blog hop challenge, I keyed off both the colors and the patterns.

Lets start with colors shall we ... I used Black, White and Orange Zest from PTI and Lucky Limeade from SU!  I didn't have the Simply Chartreuse and the New leaf wasn't the green I was looking for so I had to cross companies a little.

I created the large check pattern using a 1.25" square punch and trimming the edges off.  The large scale (focal layer) and small scale (flower center) gingham is from Background Basics:Gingham.  I created the brad using the Build A Brad set from SU!.  The flower is Bloom Builders cut from Orange Zest CS.  The grass and sentiment are from Peaceful Garden (PTI)

Thanks for stopping!!

6 comments:

  1. The grass is the perfect grounding for this design. Lovely Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to add the orange flower--- it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love black and white with a pop of color! thanks so much for joining us at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that... a deconstructed garden card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That orange flower really pops off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice use of that CPS sketch, great color combo.

    ReplyDelete