Monday, June 4, 2012

An OWH Thanks

Its been a while since I deliberately made cards for Operation Write Home.  I've done onsie twosies, like the Sunday Sketch challenge and made extras up from classes, but I haven't felt like having an all out OWH craft day until today.

I pulled out some old Splitcoast sketches I'd stashed on a shelf (and recently rediscovered during my craft room cleasning).  I remember making this one before and I really liked it so I decided to make a card using it again.


Kris, my usually shipper posted on the OWH site that she needs thank you cards to send overseas so I made a batch of these up over the weekend.  Very simple (lots of cutting, but not overly complex).  I used Soft Stone and Smokey Shadow paper (PTI) and 5th Avenue Floral and Word Play stamp sets (SU!).


 I love the little pop of red in the corner (pure poppy satin ribbon from PTI)

I sent one box of hoarded cards off over the weekend and plan to ship another off in a day or 2.  Feels good to be helping again.

Thanks for stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment