Sunday, October 7, 2012

Inspired by ...

The last CPS sketch ever and a gorgeous print I saw at church today.

The actual challenge this time was to use your favorite sketch,  I really liked the one Tami showcased on the CPS blog so I went with it.
One of the ladies at church today had on a beautiful bold graphic print in royal blue, white and black.  The first thing I thought was "Gorgeous" the second was "I can recreate that in paper" :).

After several attempts at inking up my embossing folder I settled for just embossing Divine Swirls on white CS and coloring in the pattern with a black Copic multi-liner.  I colored part of the pattern in using B19.  That's how the dress was - just patches in the pattern were filled in.
I used a butterfly stamp from SU (Butterfly Patterns) on the focal image stamped in Melon Mambo so it would pop off the bright blue.  Added some blingie rhinestones for heads on the little guys for some extra sparkle.
For the sentiment I used Thanks All Ways (PTI) and colored in the outline letters with RV19 - again to make it really pop.

Thanks to Tami for all the sketches you done.  You have truly helped me progress as a card designer and I appreciate all the work you've done over the years.

Thanks to Michelle for your incredible fashion sense.

Thanks to you, the reader, for taking time to stop by and read all the way to the bottom!


1 comment: