Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sneakie Peek

OK, I promised a sneakie peek at some of the cards I made with SU! new clear mounted stamps.  Here is the first one:


This adorable set is perfect for welcoming new friends or even just saying "hello" .  With all the snow we've had in the midwest lately I just felt like I needed a cheerier color combo so went with the In Colors - Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay

I started with a scored detail at the top of the card (scored lines are 1/4" apart).  I scored from the inside of the card so the lines pop up and add a texture element (I helped my youngest study for her art final last night so we're all about the elements and principles of art around here :o)

The stamp set is called Good Neighbor.  It is one of the Sale-a-Bration sets available beginning January 5th.  If you are not familiar with Sale-a-Bration, stay tuned for more info coming in January.

I used the cloud stamp to make a subtle background on the Dusty Durango background as well as some light and fluffy clouds behind the sentiment.  The patterned paper strip is one of the Sale-A-Bration options you can choose.


The lovely little scallop is also a Sale-a-Bration prize.

Thanks for stopping by!

{Hi there card supplies - all SU! unless noted}
Stamps: Good Neighbor  (available 1/5/2010)
Paper: Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay
Patterned Paper: Welcome Neighbor (available 1/5/2010)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento), Chocolate chip, Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray
Tools: Scallop Trim Border (available 1/5/2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment