Friday, February 5, 2010

My publication attempt

I did ... I really did it.  I actually submitted a some cards for publication.  I didn't get selected, but at least I tried.

Here is one of the cards I submitted:

This was in the sketch category, so the layout was pre-defined.  It uses the new My Matryoshka set from Stampin Up! (I chose the clear mount option)  I colored with a boatload of Copics!  I also used the new scalloped edge punch from SU!  I love the detail on it.

The other card I submitted this one in the Thank You category:
I really like how this one turned out.  It may become and AnyHero card, or I may send it in my next Operation Write Home box. 

Speaking of OWH, I recieved a letter from them today with tax info on it.  It turns out I've sent in 343 cards!  Many of those were donated from SU! demonstrators in my up/side line, but it still is cool to see.  I am hoping to beat that mark this year ... starting with a stamping party in  a few weeks.  I'll be posting card samples that we will make that night (and hopefully will remember to take some pix of the event itself

Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment