Wednesday, December 7, 2011

OWH Sunday Sketch: Merry & Bright

Most of my Christmas cards were made the week of Thanksgiving and mailed shortly thereafter.  I made one last one tonight to send with my niece's Christmas present using this weeks OWH Sunday Sketch (#98)


I used Rustic Snowflakes patterned paper for the squares ... it was released a year or 2 ago and has this great multi-patterned sheet.  I punched using my square punch right in a line so the pattern from the page is carried over in the squares..  The sentiment is from Fillable Frames #9


I added some texture to the base layer with Polka Dot Basics impression plate and some sparkle to my snowflake using Smooch Spritz (both vanilla and gold)

Main colors are River Rock and Poppy Parade.

Thanks for stopping!

3 comments:

  1. Very festive! The big snowflake is perfectly glitzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Maureen! The way you carried the pattern of the paper across the squares is such a nice detail. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    (PS Already finished with your Christmas cards? You overachiever! Guess what I'm doing all weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! I have yet to start my own Christmas cards! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete