Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another take on this week's CPS sketch

I loved this week's sketch so much I had 2 ideas.  Here is the second one:


Once again I went for a masculine theme.  And these stamps are again from the upcoming SU! summer mini (a set called The Open Seas)  ...

I love the nautical theme.  It seems to be big for the summer and I for one couldn't be happier. 

I was actually inspired to make this card by my late grandfather.  He died when I was a toddler, so I don't know  a lot about him.  But I do know he was born in Scotland of Irish immigrant parents (my great-grands left Ireland during the potato famine)

My grandfather came to America in the late 1890s.  Through the Ellis Island Foundation, I've seen a picture of the ship he came over on and a copy of the ships log that he signed when he boarded. 

The log stamp in this set brought back that memory


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Another awesome masculine card....this is fabulous!! Thanks for playing along at the CPS blog!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nautical theme of this card, Maureen! Very masculine, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete