Thursday, April 21, 2011

Baby Shower Invites and Birth Announcements

No not for me ... I'm WAY past that stage of life :)

But remember this card that I made based on one by Debbie Olson?  A gal I work with saw it and wants me to make Baby Shower invitations for a good friend of hers based on that card.


The theme of the shower is going to be something like "How does your garden grow" and each of the 50 invites will be slightly different.  Some will have 2 blossoms, some just one.  And there are 5 colors, all gardeny and floral-like :)

Here's a close up of the central images:


When my friend told me the story of her friend it was truly amazing and  miraculous that she is even pregnant (and so far everything is going superb).  I was so touched by the story that I am offering to make her birth announcements too if she wants me to.  They will be similar to the invitations, but all pink (because they know they are having a girl)


 That oval is just leaving space for a baby picture.  I put in a piece of card stock for sizing purposes.


Inside will be all the vital statistics printed on vellum.  I attached the vellum behind the picture so the adhesive doesn't show (I'll put in real info once I have it :)


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: