Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fun with digis - Day 1: Hambo Hoedown

I decided to use some of the digis I've been collecting and make some more "no reason" cards.  Well not exactly no reason this time.  A good friend plays along with the Hambo Hoedown and I decided to join in the fun. 

Everybody meet Cool Cat ... Cool Cat this is everybody


Cool Cat really spoke to me and I wanted this to have a postcard feel - you know "the weather is beautiful, wish you were here" kinda thing. 

I started out cutting the wavy pieces for the background layer.  I thought it gave it a beachy/water theme.  Then I colored in everything trying to recreate the peace, calm, serenity and relaxation of my recent Florida vacation.  I tried a sky shading technique I saw many months (maybe years) ago on Debbie Olson's blog - coloring next to the image, feathering it out and then using a colorless blender to smush it around.  

Notice the little bit of pink on Cool Cat's arm, cheeks and belly.  That's reminiscent of the Florida vacation too.  I think I'm finally finished peeling :)

The color scheme is Marina Mist, Spring Rain, Night of Navy, and too many Copics to mention :)

Thanks for stopping!

5 comments:

  1. Super fantastic! Don't forget to email it for next week's digi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the coloring, and I love that button! We're so glad you joined our Hoedown challenge! Hope to see you next week too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coloring on your card! You did a great job on the Hoedown sketch! So glad to have you play along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is simply awesome! I love his little suntan :) Thanks for playing along at the Hoedown this week and we hope you play again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is incredible! Love that cool cat! Thanks for playing along at the Hoedown!:)

    ReplyDelete