Monday, February 6, 2012

MIM: Doubled sided stamped die cuts

I really liked Erin Lincoln's tutorial on the Make It Monday video.  I have the Leaf Print stamps and dies, but wanted to try some of the other ones I had to see how well they worked with the technique (plus I was copying a lot of Erin's sample card so I thought I ought to do a little something original :).

I found the Happy Trails butterfly was perfectly symmetrical ....

I used a slightly shortened white card base to start with and stamped the BB:Gingham in Lcky Limeade.  I die cut the Limitless Layers Ovals using Lucky Limeade and White.  For the butterfly I die cut it from white then stamped in Wisteria Wonder. on both sides of the cut out.

 I used Take Three: Winter for the sentiment.

Here is a picture of the underside of the butterfly

Thanks for stopping!


  1. Simplicity is often the key to beauty, and you nailed it wih this card!

    I was really taken with the decorative edges of the medallion, and you mentioned the Limitless Layer Ovals, wherever did you find this die....have searched online and nothing.

    Thanks for sharing!