Monday, February 6, 2012

MIM: Doubled sided stamped die cuts

I really liked Erin Lincoln's tutorial on the Make It Monday video.  I have the Leaf Print stamps and dies, but wanted to try some of the other ones I had to see how well they worked with the technique (plus I was copying a lot of Erin's sample card so I thought I ought to do a little something original :).

I found the Happy Trails butterfly was perfectly symmetrical ....

I used a slightly shortened white card base to start with and stamped the BB:Gingham in Lcky Limeade.  I die cut the Limitless Layers Ovals using Lucky Limeade and White.  For the butterfly I die cut it from white then stamped in Wisteria Wonder. on both sides of the cut out.


 I used Take Three: Winter for the sentiment.

Here is a picture of the underside of the butterfly


Thanks for stopping!

2 comments:

  1. Simplicity is often the key to beauty, and you nailed it wih this card!

    I was really taken with the decorative edges of the medallion, and you mentioned the Limitless Layer Ovals, wherever did you find this die....have searched online and nothing.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete