Thursday, August 12, 2010

Paper piecing

I've seen a lot of focus out in the ether on techniques lately.  I decided to do a paper pieced project today, just to join in the fun.

Paper piecing is just stamping either in multiple colors or on different patterned papers, cutting out parts and gluing them all together onto a layer.  Make sense?  How about a visual ...

The flowers and circle are all one solid stamp.  I stamped in Early Espresso and punched it out with a circle punch (1/.75").  I also stamped it in Delightful Daffodil, Garden Green and again in Early Espresso.  I punched or cut out the leaves, flowers and flower centers and glued them all together again

If you have a stamp that is more line art, you can stamp on patterned paper and piece together the same way (here is a sock monkey example)


I also used my scalloped trim border and corner punch to add the loopy eyelety detail to the edge



Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies}
Stamps: Round and Round, Mega Mixed Messages [PTI]
Ink: Early Espresso, Garden Green, Delightful Daffodil [SU!]
Paper:Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, White [SU!], Turning a New Leaf patterned [PTI]
Other:Mat Stack 2 die [PTI]; Circle punch [SU!]
Embellies: New Leaf twill [PTI]

No comments:

Post a Comment