Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baby Love - sock monkey style!

A good friend of mine asked me to make a card for her son and daughter in law's baby shower.  They don't know the sex of the baby, but they are planning to decorate the room in a monkey motif.  Now my friend knows my deep and abiding love of the sock monkey, so she asked me to use that stamp - in a gender neutral color palette.

So here is BaBY Love - sock monkey style --


I used the Sock Monkey from SU! and Polka Dot Basics, Mega Mixed Messages, and Heart Print Sentiments from PTI. 

The color scheme is spring moss and lemon tart (with the dark chocolate bitty dots thrown in for good measure)  I paper pieced Mr Monkey, cuz I think it brings out the best in him :o)


and used Spellbinders Tag Trio for the tag.  Its tied with rustic twine around that big ole lemon tart button

Thanks for stopping by!

{Baby Love card supplies}
Stamps: Sock Monkey (SU!), Polka Dot Basics & Mega Mixed Messages (BaBY) and Heart PRint Sentiments (Love) (PTI)
Ink: Spring Moss & Ripe Avocado (PTI), Tuxedo Black, Barely Banana (SU!)
Paper: (PTI) Spring Moss, Lemon Tart, Bitty Dot patterned, White, Everyday Blessings patterned
Embellies:(PTI) Lemon Tart vintage buttons, spring moss stitched ribbon, rustic twine

No comments:

Post a Comment