Thursday, October 15, 2009

Anniversary Card #2

Here is the other anniversay card I made for my "card blitz week"  This one is for my brother and sister-in-law.  They are celebrating 22 years of wedded bliss this year.


I got the idea from a SU! demonstrators meeting I went to a few months back.  I ran a piece kraft CS through my Xyron to make it into a "sticker sheet".  I placed 1" squares of patterned paper on it leaving a gap for the "grout"  You could use odd shaped pieces too, to give a more broken tile mosaic look to it. 

After the paper was in place I covered it with vanilla embossing powder, tapped off the excess and heat set it.


The butterfly is a Sizzix die/embossing combination I found at Sam's Club online.  The center is black rhinestones from PTI.

Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies}
Stamps: Damask Designs (PTI)
Ink: Basic Gray (SU!)
Paper: Kraft, Nouveau Chic DSP, Basic Gray (SU!)
Tools: Butterfly die/emboss (Sizzix), vanilla EP (SU! retired)
Embellies: Rhinestones (PTI)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation on your brother and your sister-in-law 22th anniversary. You made a card from our dears very beautiful and so nice. Its butterfly style and its paper designing are very awesome.

    ReplyDelete