Sunday, August 12, 2012

A CPS Birthday

So Sunday is my usual day to catch up on stuff around the house, print off challenges for the week and nap :)  When I saw this week's CPS sketch I kept thinking ... bubbles, it looks like bubbles, I need a fish in the middle.  But do I have any fish stamps - No.  So I whooshed across the internets to one of my new fave spots (www.someoddgirl.com) and searched for fish stamps.  I found Goldie ... a  terribly cute little gold fish.  Lucky for me and my instant gratification soul Goldie is also a digi - so my fish stamping soul was gratified instantly (or in a minute or too - cuz I did have to actually pay first)

Here's my card:

I started with a Pool Party base and cut another layer just 1/4 inch smaller.  On the smaller layer I stamped the grass clump image from Peaceful Garden [PTI] in Lucky Limeade [SU!].  I stamped the sentiment from Peaceful Garden in Tuxedo Black on a 1" strip of vellum.  Then I used a trick I learned from Nichole Heady's blog and scored a 1/8" strip on either side and adhered the strip with scor-tape hidden by the score line.

This came out pretty much how I anticipated.  I did have a little trouble with the bubbles.  I wanted them more 3D but all my attempts met with failure, so I settled for simple vellum circles.  I used Divine Swirls embossing folder to give some texture instead.


For Goldie I used YR18, YR15 and YR12.  For the water around her, I used BG10, BG11 and BG000.  I used a colorless blender and dotted her with the brush end to simulate a scaled look.


Thanks for stopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment