Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sketch Saturday Camp Card

I'm behind in blogging.  I've had this card done for a day or two, but haven't had time to snap pix and post.  So here we go on the second post of the day

I am having a stamp camp with my best stamping buddy Tara this weekend.  This is one of the cards that will be made.

I used the Sketch Saturday layout (hence the post title) and played with Copics and colorless blender solution to create a gloomy but rainbow brite thank you card


I used the sun ray and retro circles embossing folders from Tim Holtz to add texture to the base. I was going for a sun bursting out from the clouds on a rainy day effect.  I colored the center piece with BG72, BG75 and BG 78 then dribbled colorless blending solution on them to create the bubbled pattern.  This was for a  rain drops-clouds-bubbles-amoebas swarming a light source kind of  look.

To brighten things up I stamped the sentiment form Thanks All Ways and then colored the letters in rainbow colors (not sure if I got them in the right order because my baby girl (who is going on 20) wasn't here to sing me the rainbow song :) )

Thanks for stopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment