Saturday, August 18, 2012

More Off To College Cards

Here are some more Off To College cards for my daughter and her friends  I used the same basic layout on all of these and the images I colored here.

This first one is for my Colie.  She loves animals (dogs especially).  I used a Soft Suede card base to keep with the neutral brown theme of the card.  I stamped the card base with BB:Houndstooth and the middle Crumb Cake strip with Grunge Me (both PTI)  Colors on the grunged layer are Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso (all SU!) and True Black (PTI)

Since I used a little scarlet jewel on the skull barrettes, I pulled that into the sentiment, which I made as a tab. I edged it with Black Copic 100 and stapled it on the focal layer.

This next one is for Colie's very best friend T who is a Japanese major  Colors are Pool Party, Island Indigo  and Poppy Parade (SU!)
The Kanji stamp is an old SU! set that I keep going back to for the girls since they are all so into Japanese culture.  I thought the Wisdom stamp was appropriate for an Off To College card :)

And lastly this one for Britty, another of Colie's very best friends who has been around since elementary school.  When I colored this image (Poppy from TI) I intentionally colored it Alice In Wonderland-ish because the girls also all LOVE Tim Burton.
  I wanted a whimsical background so I played around with my Copics (B99, B97, B95) and scribbled on some Xpress it blending card.  When I had good coverage I dribbled colorless blending solution on it - being careful not to flood the paper (yes this is my second attempt as I did flood the first one.  It still looked cool, but didn't have the distinct circles on it)

Thanks for stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment