Sunday, June 21, 2009

Card for Heroes Party

My good friend Michelle and I are going to host a Cards for Heroes party this week.  Cards For Heroes is an organization that sends hand made cards ot our service men & women all over the world.  The soldiers can use them to encourage each other or keep in contact with loved ones back home.  I first heard about this organization during the Memorial Day blog hop and wanted to help ever since.
I have designed several cards that people can make at our party if they want.
I will spot light each of these cards this week.
The first design I thought I saw in the new Paper Crafts magazine but when I went back to check the designer to give them credit I can't find it - if its your please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.  Suffice it to say I love the clean simple look of it!
Instead of scallops I used my pinking shears on the "shelf" piece.  The "vase" is an oval punch of SU!'s new Razzleberry Lemonade DSP that I snipped the ends off.  I finished with a sentiment and eyelets in olive.
{In my Thoughts card supplies - all PTI unless noted}
Paper: Linen Vellum, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (SU! new), Dusty Durango (SU! new)
Stamps: Floral Frenzy
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Blank, Old Olive (SU!), Close to Cocoa (SU!)
Tools: Anywhere hole punch and eyelet setter, Pinking shears, oval punch (SU!)
Embellies: olive eyelets (SU!), Y38 Copic Marker

No comments:

Post a Comment