Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Last Card for Heroes

The Cards for Heroes party is coming up on Friday. I am really looking forward to getting together with friends to stamp and support this great organization!

Here is the last card that I designed for the event:

I needed at least 1 birthday card in the mix and I thought this one could be for either a guy or a girl.
I love the chocolate tea leaves patterend paper ... and I'm pretty darn proud of that crocheted flower too. A couple of weeks ago I went to visit my mom and had her show me how to crochet again, so yes that is one of my own creations.
I mixed directions for the center ring from Little Birdie Secrets that I found through Melissa Bickford 's blog and and the large petal directions from Nichole Heady to get this one.
Here's how I made it:
I used 6 strands of embroidery floss and a US size 4 hook
1. Ch 5 and slip stitch to form a ring
2. Ch 3 then make 9 dc through the ring, join to top of ch w/sl st
3. Create the petals in the first dc using the following pattern (sc, 5dc, sc).
4. Continue creating a petal in every other dc using the same pattern until you have 5 petals. Fasten off

Thanks for stopping by!

{Happy Birthday Card - supplies}
Paper: Spring Moss, Tea Leaves - chocolate pattern (PTI)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes ( SU! new)
Embellies: Spring Moss stitched grosgrain ribbon, vintage wood buttons, white jute (PTI), crocheted flower

No comments:

Post a Comment