Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Gathered Ribbon Flower

Hi everyone! I had a couple of days off this week to have some work done on my house so I got some extra time to stamp (yay!)

I wanted to try Lisa Johnson's ruffled ribbon trim technique.  I kept having the ribbon curl up on me so I had the idea to create a ruffled ribbon flower.

I used the Lemon Tart stitched grosgrain ribbon and gathered it by pulling on one of the stitched lines (I pulled/gathered from both ends after a "mishap"  where I pulled the stitch completely out of the ribbon - makes for a nice shabby look, but doesn't gather it very well :o)
For the rest of the card I stamped a sentiment from Autumn Abundance and the large flourish from Fancy Flourishes.
I finished it with some messy stitching .
Thanks for stopping by!
{Thinking of you supplies}
Stamps: (PTI) Fancy Flourishes, Autumn Abundance
Ink: (SU!) Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Paper: (SU!) Kraft, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, White 
Embellies: (PTI) Lemon Tart saddle stitched grosgrain, wood vintage buttons, black rhinestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment