Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge

Dawn's Color challenge this week is right up my alley - I love the colors of fall and couldn't wait to get my stuff out to play (I am home again today getting a patio door and windows installed.  Yesterday did not go as well as it could have as there was a lot more damage from a leak than originally anticipated, but thank the Lord no structural damage)


So in anticipation of the changing colors here is my card:

I did a spotlight using the yellow orange.  I also used just the little piece of ground under the tree stamp and carefully extended  it across the whole layer.  I used the splatter stamp from the set for the leaves on both the silhouette image and the spot light as well as the background splatter stamping.

And instead of cutting out and layering that Top Note die cut, I used my E57 Copic and just edged it up to to the perforation line (same great layered look without all the cutting!)

Thanks for stopping by!



{Thinking of You card supplies}
Stamps: (SU!) Branch Out, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: (PTI) Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Cream, Summer Sunrise, Bitty Boxes patterned
Ink: (SU!) Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun, (PTI) Vintage Cream
Tools: E57 Copic, Sizzix die - Top Note , Big Shot

8 comments:

  1. Love it....another great idea for this wonderful set!

    Kathy

    www.sassystamper.blogspot.com

    Pay It Forward Giveaway: http://sassystamper.blogspot.com/2009/08/pix-attchdpay-it-forward-givewaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, i can just imagine a wolf howling behind the tree! i love the spotlight technique you used...i must try it!! beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spotlight detail, really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fantastic use of this colour challenge, your sun is inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the idea of highlighting a part of the stamped image. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore how you highlighted the one section. I feels like fall already! Great job with the color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your spotlight circle also looks like a moon rising behind a tree -- I like it!

    ReplyDelete