Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Today is the start of a new year!  It seems like 2009 went by so quickly.  One of the Christmas presents I bought myself was the movie Julie & Julia.  I loved it.  I think I want to be a pastry chef  if I ever decide on changing careers.  But one of the things I learned from that movie is about persevereace.  Julie Powell vowed to cook through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking - all 524 recipes - in one year.  I like the challenge and think I need to do something like that here too.  I won't say that I will make a card or blog every day, but I'd like to go for 1-2 cards a week for the next year.  We'll see how I do.

Here is card #1 of 2010:


My sister in law's birthday was yesterday so I thought I'd do a New Years themed card - this is the first time I've ever done that in the 20+ years I've known her.

I made it an appletini (ignore the olive for the moment) 


I coated it with Crystal Effects  although it didn't photograph well, and I even used microbeads on the glass lip to look like it was dipped in sugar (or whatever they dip appletinis in  - saw some pix on the internet :o\)



How will you challenge yourself this year?

{Celebrate Your Day supplies}
Stamps: Cheers to you, Wonderful Words [SU!]; On My Couch, On My Couch Additions [PTI]
Ink: Tuxedo Black [Momento]; Garden Green, Rose Red [SU!]
Paper: Vintage Ceam [PTI]; Green Galore, Garden Green [SU!]
Color medium: YG11, YG13 [Copic]
Embellies: Crystal Effects, Microbeads, Real red grosgrain [SU!]

No comments:

Post a Comment