Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mixing patterns ...

... is not something I am very comfortable with.  But I thought if it came in the same pack of paper it ought to go together, right?

I also remembered my lessons from some of the Papertrey Design team awhile back - when mixing patterns, only 1 bold one, and the others should be smaller and blend in color wise.  At least thats how I remember it.

Here's my try:



The stamping on the top was an attempt to balance the sentiment on the bottom.  In case you were wondering, the scribbling on the background is my girls attempts to make up signatures for some of their favorite TV characters (we are NCIS addicts around these parts).  Those sigs went on a NCIS themed birthday card the girls made for a friend.
To my untrained eye, it looks alright and I love the bold pattern behind the "a". 

Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies - PTI unless noted}
Stamps: Cupcake Collection, Polka Dot Basics
Ink:Ripe Avocado, Vintage Cream
Paper:Ripe Avocado, Holiday Cheer
Embellies: Chipboard letter (from LSS), Scarlet Jewel satin ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment