Sunday, April 25, 2010

April Blog Hop

Ever since I saw this paper rose tutorial from Kim Hughes, I've been wanting to try it.  Since this month's PTI blog hop is using tissue paper, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity.

I took the tissue paper from my latest order and first did some direct to paper coloring using Terracotta Tile, Berry Sorbet, and Melon Berry.

Then I cut roughly 2 inch strips and following Kim's tutorial I scrunched and wrapped and rolled to make a flower

And here it is:
To make the flower stay in the coiled shape, I mounted it to a 1.24" circle that I ran through my 1.5"Xyron sticker maker.   I added some leaves from In Bloom stamped on Spring Moss bitty dot patterned paper.

The focal layer is Melon Berry cut using the Mat Stack 1 die and textured with the Argyle impression plate.

I also stamped the argyle background in dark chocolate and terracotta tile (its hard to see in the photo but it does show up fine IRL)

I added a sentiment from the new anniversary set (LOVE it!)



a little bit of chocolate grosgrain and voila - my card


Thanks for stopping by - enjoy the rest of the hop!

{Supplies - all PTI unless noted}
Stamps: A Little Argyle, In Bloom, Round & Round
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Terracotta Tile, Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry
Paper: Terracotta Tile, Melon Berry, Bitty Dot patterned
Embellies: Chocolate Grosgrain [SU!]

No comments:

Post a Comment