Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lifes Moments

I'm in birthday card mode again .... my uncle is celebrating his 90th, my mom will be celebrating 77 in a few weeks plus assorted nieces, nephews and friends.

Here is a non-traditional birthday card I made using some new product from Stampin' Up!

This card is using the new Elements of Style stamp set, available May 1st.  I love the large flower/vine  stamp.  And I guess I'm getting over my bird aversion.  I water colored the flowers and leaves with my aqua painter and added a little color wash shadow as well


Although you can't see it very well I also stamped the large focal image with the Linen background stamp to give it a fabric look and distressed the edges with Antique Linen distressing ink from Tim Holtz.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies (all SU! unless noted):
Stamps: Elements of Style (available 5/1), Linen Background
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Tim Holtz)
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Naturals White
Tools: aqua painter

No comments:

Post a Comment