Friday, July 16, 2010

Moxie Fab - Shabby Chic

Seeing all the different styles on the Papercrafts blogs this week made me want to try a shabby chic card ... I'm still not sure I completely get the style, but I like how the card turned out



I first embossed the bottom layer with the new Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder from SU! ... doesn't it just set the tone for the whole card!.  Then I stamped the Linen background stamp (SU! retired) on the sentiment layer, stamped the sentiment and shelf.  I added pearls after going through the Card Style mystery blog hop and seeing that as a part of the shabby style (check out the blog hop starting at Moxie Fab World)



The flowers was made by die cutting the Newsprint DSP, spritzing with Pretty In Pink and using this tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers


I used a Labels 1 nestie to die cut the Newsprint DSP layer. I also stamped a Vintage Label stamp to border it and distressed it with Antique Linen distressing ink and sewed on  some vintage lace (thanks Rachel!)



So how'd I do on a shabby chic card?

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies - SU! unless  noted
Stamps: Linen Background (retired) ; [PTI] Vintage Labels, Damask Designs
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede; [Ranger] Antique Linen Distressing ink
Paper: Newsprint DSP, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla
Embellies: Half Pearls; [PTI]  Sweet Blush satin ribbon, handmade lace
Other: [Spellbinders] Labels 1 Nestabilities, Birds and Blooms Large Flower die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Big Shot

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maureen! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete