Friday, July 2, 2010

A simple card

A simple card tonight ... single layer, minimal stamping, and my first attempt at drawing a frame around it.  The hand drawn frames is one of the latest trends I'm told.  It sets off a simple card and focuses attention on the images in the corner ... at least to my un-artistically trained eye :)

The first thing I did was draw guide dots in a light pencil so my line would be straight



For the trees I actually stamped them twice. Normally stamping on Kraft card stock would make the color look darker. I stamped the tree tops in white first, then let it dry, then re-stamped the tree tops in Wild Wasabi (yes I used a stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up :) After I stamped the green tree tops, I stamped the tree trunks, again using the SAMJ
 



Thanks for stopping by

{Supplies all Stampin' Up! unless noted}
Stamps: Trendy Trees
Paper: Crumb Cake (Kraft)
Ink: Wild Wasabi. Chocolate Chip; Fresh Snow [PTI]
Other: white gel pen

No comments:

Post a Comment