Thursday, March 31, 2011

ABC Coaster Book

A friend of mine adopted a little girl from Russia.

I made this ABC book for her.  Its the first time I've tried anything like this before, although I've seen  lot of people on line make little books for various things. 

The book itself is made from the cardboard coasters from PTI.  I punched the hole with my Crop-A-Dile, punching only a couple at a time.  I had a loose lead ring lying around from some past project and used the to secure all the pages together

Here a few of my most favorite pages:


I had most everything in my craft room pulled out at one time or another for this, trying to find stamps a little girls would like that fit with the ABC theme.  I used my Sizzix Shadow Alpha die set, PTI and SU! stamps (including the infamous Sock Monkey :)  ...


plus some hand created and hand drawn/traced images ...


 I did a lot of coloring with my Copics, but that was super fun



and even added some fun details like Crystal Effects on the TV and the rocket window to make it look like glass and give some texture to the page


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment