Tuesday, March 15, 2011

CPS 209

Getting back in the groove with weekly sketch challenges.  Hoping to get a bunch of things designed for an OWH card making party sometime next month ... I think I need to be more proactive to schedule these things.  Deadlines are deadlines after all :)

So here is my take on this week's CPS sketch


I've seen a few designers  (and one company) do a lot with little envelopes on card fronts.  Reminded me that I had this great scalloped envie die from SU!.  It was one of the first dies I bought way back when SU! first started carrying Sizzix stuff.  I can't believe I had forgotten about it!


To get a little crafty I actually cut it twice, once with Crumb Cake card stock and once with Friends til The End patterned paper.  I trimmed the patterned one down using the scalloped edge as a guide and made an envie liner.  The little card inside is cut to size.  I stamped the sentiment the used a black fine tipped Sharpie to draw int eh line to make it look like stationery and tied the whole thing up with bakers twine

The flower is Beautiful Blooms die cut twice and then layered together.  I added a pearl to the center to cover up the gap in the last little petal.

Thanks for stopping by!!

{Supplies - SU! unless noted}
Stamps: HodgePodge Happiness; Backgrounsd Basics: Newsprint [PTI]
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Whisper White; Ripe Avocado, Firneds TIl The End patterned - avocado [PTI]
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Pearl (pretties kit), Scalloped Envelope die; Raspberry Fizz felt, Beautiful Blooms die, bakers twine [PTI]; Label Two die [Spellbinders]

1 comment: