Wednesday, March 23, 2011

From Russia With Love

A very dear friend of mine returned home from Russia a week or so ago with her new daughter.  This has been a long time in the making and I couldn't be happier for them both.  After a bit of time to get settled some of us girls are getting together for a luncheon/baby shower so we can meet  this precious angel.

Here is one of the gifts I have in store :

Well the box anyway :)  This was also inspired by Debbie Olson's card from last week.  The box I whipped up myself ... I started with a 6" square piece of Sweet Blush card stock and stamped the Polka Dot Basics in Regal Rose ink.  I then scored at 2" on each side.  Snipped along score lines to make tabs and assembled using Scor-tape.

For the lid I used a 3 1/8" square piece of Regal Rose card stock and scored a half inch on each side.  Again, cut tabs and adhere with scor-tape


The belly band is a 12x1" piece of Sweet Blush card stock.  I stamped it with the gingham Bitty Background Block stamp and  scored every 2 1/8 ".  Trim the excess and assemble with Scor-tape (seeing a pattern here? )
The doily was punched using the Doily Details die and white card stock.  The flower was created using this dimensional flower tutorial from SplitcoastStampers.  The leaves were cut using the Leaf Prints die and then stamped in Garden Green (spines) and Wild Wasabi (solid leaf).  I also distressed the edges  little so they didn't look so uniform

I can't show you what's inside because I don't want to spoil the surprise ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment