Sunday, July 10, 2011

CPS 226 - Friend To Friend

I was sitting in church today missing my friend, Anita.  She and her husband moved to the East Coast a few weeks ago.  Now we've texted back and forth a few times, but still, we'd usually chat on Sunday mornings, and today I just missed that, and her.

When I saw the CPS sketch this morning, I thought a keep in touch sort of card felt in order.

I used my new Established Elegance (SU! 2011-20112 IBC).  I loved the vintage typewriter image from when I first saw it.

I used Newsprint DSP for the background layer and stamped the typewriter repeatedly to make a piece of my own patterned paper.

I sponged everything with Basic Gray ink to age it a little and tied it all up with cherry cobbler twine.


Inside I continued the theme with a narrow strip of the Newsprint DSP and Basic Black card stock.


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Totally cute card with the "keep in touch" theme! Love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Keri - TOTALLY cute! Love that typewriter! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage typewriter and the colors of your card! Great use of the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design and love that typewriter! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete