Monday, July 11, 2011

Make It Monday: Pockets and Edgers

Today's MIM video was a great tutorial on making pockets with decorative edges.  So often I leave it as a straight edge or just round the corners, but I have these edger dies and I ought to use them right!

I went with a clean and simple design on this card, but I love the pops of color from the stamps


Since its a white on white its a little hard to see everything in the big picture, but the detail shot has ...um, well detail :)

I used the Doily edger to create the top edge of the pocket.  I left the lower edge straight and rounded the corners and matched that to the insert (as an homage to what I usually do and becasue the doily edge was blocking my sentiment). 


I added some texture to the card base using the Polka Dot impression plate.

Ink colors: Raspberry Fizz (PTI) and Lucky Limeade (SU!) and I tied it all up with Pure Poppy bakers twine.

Thanks for stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment