Thursday, August 6, 2009

Farewell Friends

I have a couple of friends who are moving this week - one back to Texas and one just a couple of hours away.  While these moves represent opportunities for my friends, I will still miss them.  I thought I would give them a farewell gift at the going away dinner

I started with the My Timeless Template Captured Card Case.  One thing I love about the templates is that you can download them right away (no waiting for a box from Mr. UPS!)  I bought this template specificially for this project, but know I will use it in the future (like to house little goodies for my nieces and nephews at Christmas!)
Here is a picture to get a better idea of size:
I also made charms / decorations out of polyshrink.  The key chain is the large scalloped circle Sizzix die  and the butterflies were made from the Beautiful Butterflies die - both from SU!


I did learn that while the polyshrink material is still warm, its flexible - so I gave a little upward curve to the butterfly wings. 

I also made a set of 6 matching cards for the inside

Thanks for stopping by!
{Daisy card case and Cards}
Stamps: Upsy Daisy (SU!), B&C: Circles, Trajan Monogram Alpha (PTI)
Ink: Enchanted Eveing (PTI)
Paper: White, Enchanted Evening (PTI), Kraft
Tools: Polyshrink & heat gun, jump rings, circle punches, Scalloped Circle Sizzix die
Embellies: Enchanted Evening stitched grosgrain
{Butterfly Card Case & Cards}
Stamps: Wonderful You (SU!), Vintage Picnic Sentiments (PTI), Fancy Flourishes (polyshrink)
Ink: Plum Puddding (PTI)
Paper: Plum Pudding (PTI), Vanilla, Bitty Dots Plum Pudding
Tools: Polyshrink & heat gun, Beautiful Butterflies Sizzix die (SU!)
Embellies: Plum Pudding satin ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment