Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Paper Roses

I love Dawn McVey's Paper Flowers ... they are just so cute.  So today I made a paper rose - its stand s up a little more than the regular flowers.

I create a match box just guessing the sizes for things (I only had to remake the cover once so I was pretty happy about that!  :o)

I used SU! Bella Rose and PTI Scarlett Jewell - they just go so lovely together!

I love that little bit of Kiwi Kiss polka dot peeking out from the inside so much I used the same paper for the leaves - which were punched out using the wide oval punch.
To make the flower I used 4 pieces of scrap, cut 1/4" to 1/2" difference between layers (my largest was 3" and smallest was  2").  I tore them into rough circle shapes and then instead of curling them, I poked my finger into the middle and crumpled the paper up around it.  This gave it more of a cupped appearance.
I used a large vanilla brad for the flower center and colored it using my R59 Copic.  I tried to leave brush strokes in it so it would look more like the bud in the center of a rose.  To set the rose off a bit from the rest of the box, I edged each layer with distress ink.
I am going to tuck some dark chocolate into it as a going away gift for a friend.
Thanks for stopping by!!

{Bella Rose Match Box  - Supplies}
Stamps: None
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Paper: Bella Rose (SU!), Scarlett Jewel (PTI)
Tools: Copic:R59, wide oval punch(SU!)
Embellies: Large vanilla brad(SU!), scarlett jewell satin & satin bitty dotted ribbon (PTI)

No comments:

Post a Comment